Commercial Door & Hardware ManagerBMC
Located in Perry GA A growing commercial door and hardware company in Perry, GA is seeking a full time Commercial Door and Hardware Manager.
The position requires good knowledge of hollow metal door and frames, wood doors and commercial hardware with the ability to manage estimating, administration and manufacturing personnel. Some sales, inventory skills, and estimation skills would be a plus. The ideal candidate will/can interpret architectural drawings and specification and works directly with general contractors managing multiple projects and manage the vendor process.
- Review the contract documents and work with the salesperson to form strategies on what to bid and how to bid projects.
- Manage risk by finding discrepancies and sending out the proper request for information to obtain the correct answers.
- Manage estimating team to prepare detailed take-off and estimates using take-off spreadsheet and estimating software, including material, freight, engineering, and installation costs.
- Manage manufacturing fabrication at door shop, metal and woodworking assembly and welding.
- Send manufacturer's quotes in a timely manner.
- Coordinate out of manufacturer's quotes in a timely manner.
- Prepare bid proposals.
- Manage suppliers.
- Communicate and establish relationships with customers.
- Computer and math skills and ability to learn our estimating and detailing software.
- Great communicator and team player.
- Ability to read blue prints and specifications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Commercial Door Hardware: 5 years
We will train a motivated individual