Building Official/Zoning AdministratorDooley County Commissioners
Building Official/Zoning Administrator
The Dooly County Commissioners are seeking candidates for the position of Building Official/Zoning Administrator. Anyone interested in applying should contact County Administrator Stephen C. Sanders at 229-268-4228 for additional information.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new construction, alterations to existing structures and installation of mobile homes complies with International Building Codes and Dooly County adopted codes and standards.
- Investigates complaints of violations of County code, appropriate zoning ordinances, sign regulation and related laws, ordinances or codes; issues violations, citations, correction notices, and stop work orders to ensure compliance; conducts follow-up investigations to ensure compliance with applicable codes and ordinances; presents violation in court as needed.
- Meets with owners, tenants, contractors, developers, businesses, etc., to review and explain zoning code requirement or building code requirement violations and/or potential violations; secure code compliance.
- Conducts daily combination inspections at residential, commercial, and industrial construction sites.
- Post public signs for activities including rezoning, subdivision of property, and variances when necessary.
- Prepares written reports of inspections, issue letters as specified by department procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient review of plans and specifications and by ensuring prompt, fair and accurate inspections of work in progress.
- Inspects sediment and stormwater management facilities at commercial, residential and industrial sites.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment and discretion and adhere to guidelines when processing sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Able to efficiently and appropriately, with little supervision, prioritize assignments and complete tasks for department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Dooly County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.