East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 903856
Anticipated Hiring Range-$57,073-$83,237
Closing Date: 05/23/2022
Organizational Unit Overview
Facilities Services is a unit in Campus Operations Division, which is a part of a broad, diverse division of Administration and Finance that includes all aspects of facilities management at East Carolina University. East Carolina University is the third largest university in the University of North Carolina system with approximately 28,000 FTS and a staff of over 6,000. The university is comprised of more than 7 million square feet of facilities located on approximately 1400 acres with physical assets in excess of $1.5 billion. This includes the Main, Health Sciences, and West Research Campuses, and satellite locations throughout North Carolina associated with university programs. Facilities Services has an annual budget in excess of $30 million and employs approximately 500 FTE. Major functions include facilities maintenance and housekeeping services.
Facilities Service’s primary purpose is to plan and perform corrective and preventive maintenance functions on all building structures and equipment and utility infrastructure. Corrective maintenance returns equipment to optimal design performance after failure or upon degradation from age, adverse operation conditions, etc. Preventive maintenance minimizes equipment failures and reduces corrective maintenance.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide management, engineering expertise, and oversee repair and equipment replacement projects for the HVAC/Controls area of Utilities Services. The person in this position is responsible for overall operation and management of the HVAC and controls infrastructure on the Main Campus. This includes ensuring adequate preventive maintenance, effective use of allocated maintenance resources, customer service, and effective coordination between HVAC and Controls staff. Provides supervision and assists HVAC and Controls supervisors with troubleshooting as needed. Reviews design drawings and specifications and provides input. Conducts field inspections. Manages moderately complex HVAC-related projects and major maintenance contracts. Manages and prioritizes deferred maintenance needs. Evaluates, develops, and implements energy and water conservation measures. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Utilities Services and fulfills some administrative duties in his absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience Some positions may require licensure by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Three years or more of previous supervisory experience.
- Five years or more of previous commercial, industrial, or institutional HVAC and/or controls operation and maintenance experience.
- Certified Energy Manager certification.
License or Certification required by the Department
- Valid NC Driver’s License is required or must be obtained within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 05/23/2022 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #903856 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/50230