Procurement Agent 1
Procurement Agent 1
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Procurement Agent 1 to join our team of professionals.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) vendors. Liaises with vendors to resolves issues that may arise associated with processing invoices and purchase orders.
- Collaborates with HWCOM units to reconcile expense transactions, maintain accurate records, verify payment records, review invoices, and record receipts.
- Serves as a University card user for departmental transactions. Adheres to University credit card policies and procedures.
- Responsible for a variety of routine internal inquiries concerning account status, researches and finds resolutions for discrepancies, and provides updates to departments.
- Assists with monthly status and closings reports.
- Makes recommendations on purchasing actions and methods and prepares and maintains supporting documentation.
- Assists with the supplier registration process as needed.
- Assists with the preparation, review, distribution, and maintenance of documentation related to various financial operations processes such as purchasing and accounts payable.
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining the HWCOM finances; makes sure invoices are paid on time using various payment methods. Assists with systemically entering, tracking and processing expenses.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and change orders.
- Procures commodities and services in accordance with State law and University rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist with the contract review process to ensure compliance with University, State and local laws as needed.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma or GED and five (5) years of related experience or Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of experience.
- Previous experience tracking data and processing invoices preferred.
- Previous customer service experience.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527857.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.