The Master Electrician performs skilled tasks of the Electrical trade in the routine upkeep of buildings and equipment. This position must be available for on-call duty.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs, as required, building electrical equipment and fixtures consistent with manufacturer's guidelines, design parameters, and accepted practices.
- Installs electrical fixtures including but not limited to services, conduit, panels, motor starters, control panels, and other equipment and fixtures as required.
- Inspects, operates, maintains troubleshoots, installs, and repairs building electrical equipment, fixtures, and components (including 208v and 480v, single and three phase systems) in accordance with generally accepted practices, codes, and manufacturers' requirements;
- Maintains, makes operational repairs, and performs preventative maintenance tasks for residential and commercial-type electrical equipment and fixtures which includes fire/security alarm systems, generators, and elevators.
- Operates and keeps in good working order a variety of equipment including hand and power tools, mobile electronic devices, measuring/diagnostic/testing meters, and instruments.
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints, sketches, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Provides work order documentation, as required;
- Coordinates with other trades, as required, to ensure multi-trade projects are completed efficiently and completely;
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Maintains a positive customer service orientation and attitude.
- Cooperates with other university employees and related contractors to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Other duties as assigned and within capability
- Guiding and supervising other electricians
- Must be available 24/7 for after-hour call-ins.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following all company rules and OSHA safety standards
- Commuting between job locations and responsible for completing assigned work orders and tasks.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers' requirements
We offer a generous benefits package for full-time employees.
- Retirement Plan (403b) with 7.5% company match after one year of service
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation time plus 18 paid holidays
- Wellness programs
- Tuition benefit for yourself and eligible dependents
- Professional Development
- Free gym Access
Application Procedure: Gannon University seeks excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply. A review of applications will begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled. Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Five years of continuous electrical maintenance and installation work
- Working knowledge of International Electric Code
- Knowledge of medium/low voltage switchgear and associated controls
- Fully knowledgeable with all building power supply and distribution systems. Able to provide specifications, estimates, and bill of materials for all electrical equipment installation and repairs.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, drawings, sketches, and diagrams;
- Basic Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Outlook skills.
- Must have the ability to follow both verbal and written directions in English; the ability to interact with students, faculty, administration, and staff in a professional and positive manner, as well as the ability to read and understand NFPA and ICC codes and OSHA guidelines, such as Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment safety data plates, fuel/chemical flash points, etc.
- Trade school or electrical apprenticeship graduate
- Master Electrician license for the City of Erie
- Ten years recent full-time continuous experience in electrical work at the journeyman level (or above) in an institutional (university or hospital) setting;
- Experience operating and inspecting switchgear, generators, and transformers
University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission, Catholic identity, and strong liberal arts foundation that supports our exemplary professional education programs.
Location: Erie, Pa
Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Physical Plant, Maintenance
Division: Finance and Campus Operations
Subdivision: Campus Services
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4578124
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.