Administrative Associate, Government Contracting
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Administrative Associate, Government Contracting. This position will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operational aspects of the Government Contracting leadership program for the School of Business. This position is funded from external funding, and the position is expressly contingent upon the continuation of such external funding.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- The Administrative Associate, Government Contracting, has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Administrative Support
- Supporting and processing procurement, calendaring, room scheduling, travel authorizations, and general office administrative tasks as needed;
- Completing P-Card purchases and providing monthly reconciliation of purchases to Accounts Payable;
- Scheduling Center meetings with internal and external groups;
- Preparing correspondence for Center directors;
- Serving as a Liaison with School offices pertaining to schedules, policies and practices, and special requests;
- Serving as the initial point of contact for external groups, including telephone and in-person inquiries about programs and events; and
- Training and supervising departmental college work-study intern(s).
- Assisting with staffing and organizing Center events;
- Reserving rooms and event spaces with the University 25Live system;
- Preparing Food and Beverage Authorizations and working with local vendors for catering and event needs;
- Sending email invitations to events to both internal and external groups; and
- Maintaining the daily and annual schedule of activities for the Center.
Marketing and Communications
- Assisting the Center with website and social media communication; and
- Maintaining Center event registration list.
Designing, developing, and executing special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of education and experience;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to organize and manage complex administrative processes;
- Sound administrative and organizational background;
- Ability to work independently and complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
- Computer literate and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Zoom meeting/webinar knowledge.
Ability and willingness to gain proficiency in software and web-based applications: electronic calendaring, e-mail, University applications such as PCard, EVA, and Travel Request System, and School applications and files.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02922z at https://jobs.gmu.edu by August 8, 2022; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on August 9, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.