Probation DirectorLowndes County Board of Commissioners
This position is responsible for directing the county’s misdemeanor probation services program, including administrative and operational functions in compliance with established Federal, State, and Local regulatory standards governing the assigned work area.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social or Human Service, Public Administration, or related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must have at least five (5) years progressively knowledgeable experience that provides broad understanding of the internally coordinated functions of a County Judiciary System and the relationship of that system to the assigned program area.
- Knowledge of judicial and probation planning; case management; rehabilitation principles, practices, procedures, and systems and the ability to develop and administer policies, procedures, plans, and activities and to monitor the performance of subordinates against measured goals and all policies and procedures established by the Judiciary.
- Supervisory experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must complete mandatory state training for probation officers and supervisors within 90 days of hire date.
- Must obtain the GCIC/NCIC Practitioner Certification within one (1) year of hire date. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.