Information Security OfficerMacon Area Jobs
Major Duties and Other Requirements:
• Plans, directs and coordinates university activities in Information Technology (IT), specifically in the field of Information Security.
• Develops and enforces the organization's security policies and procedures.
• Responsible for IT system risk management, performing risk assessments, and directing incident response efforts.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements the information security awareness program.
• Oversees IT continuity of operations planning.
• Updates, maintains, and tests disaster recovery procedures.
• Conducts technical security assessments, such as vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
• Works with technical support teams to ensure proper security is included in network endpoints including workstations, servers, and mobile devices.
• Assists network staff with technical support for local and wide area networks.
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
• This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
• Performs related work as required.
Required Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
• Associate's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance or a related field supplemented by two years technical experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Knowledge and Skills required by the Position:
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to prepare and interpret technical and narrative reports.
• Ability to analyze problems, develop, and implement solutions.
• Skilled in oral and written communication
o Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance, or a related field.
o Two years of Information Technology experience, one of which was in Information Security or related field.
o Knowledge of Information Technology systems and internal controls.
o Knowledge of Information Technology best practices.
o The qualified candidate should be willing to pursue Information Security education and certification.
Conditions of Employment Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.