DIRECTOR LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
OFFICE TITLE: DIRECTOR LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE/LEVEL: CFB ANALYST III
DEPARTMENT: PEOPLE OPERATIONS (HR)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME
SALARY: $100,000 - $115,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 03/01/2023
JOB ID #: 569362
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City Campaign Finance Board oversees New York City’s small donor democracy program and educates and engages voters via NYC Votes. The CFB has enjoyed a tremendous arc of progress over its 30-year history, and our updated flagship small donor democracy program is a centerpiece of this progress.
We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and amplify the voices of small donors with New York City’s small donor democracy program.
We are dedicated to making New York City’s local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. You would be working with a team that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement.
The Office of People Operations delivers HR solutions to the agency as the liaison to external city government oversights for talent management and succession planning, payroll management, policy implementation, and people operations. The Director, Learning & Development will report to the Chief People Officer and will be responsible for supporting the continued professional growth of CFB Employees by creating, designing, and delivering employee training plans. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Director of L&D will serve as the subject matter expert for learning and development initiatives, working with people operations and business leaders to provide strategic direction for all learning and development activities
- Design, initiate, develop, promote, and implement a comprehensive learning and development program using a variety of delivery models (e.g. virtual, in-person, recordings)
- Develop and administer leadership, management and professional development training programs for all agency staff and ensure they align with core competencies
- Drive the agency’s learning and development strategy, establishing key performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness of programs
- Consult with Chief People Officer and senior agency leaders to identify and prioritize Organizational Development gaps to determine learning need.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation, update orientation materials, as needed.
- Develop and provide annual performance evaluation trainings for staff; ensure PE compliance.
- Support the development and management of Organizational Development (OD) strategies and processes.
- Offer hands-on coaching and guidance to leaders as a recognized L&D subject matter expert (SME)
- Serves as agency’s Learning Management System Administrator (LMS).
- Enroll staff and ensure compliance of all Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) mandatory trainings.
- Disseminate voluntary DCAS training opportunities to staff via email.
- Documents attendance of trainings and webinars; liaise with People Operations Specialist – Personnel to file and maintain accurate trainings certificates in personnel files.
- Updates, organizes, and maintains education and training materials.
- Assist third-party HR Consultant with relevant trainings, as needed.
- Create, maintain, and publish training calendars.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new training and development techniques.
- Minimum of 10 years of learning and development experience
- Experience project managing large-scale organization-wide people programs
- Experience in working with transformation initiatives, the future of work, upskilling / deep-skilling, etc.
- Knowledge of adult learning models and instructional design
- Experience with design tools/eLearning platforms and Learning Management Systems
- Intermediate Knowledge of E-hire, NYCAPS, Microsoft 365 and Teams
- Strong project management experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail, highly organized and excels at planning and time management
- Ability to effectively collaborates with broad base of constituents at all levels
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by at least twelve semester credits (or the equivalent of twelve semester credits) in accounting, auditing, business or public administration, computer science, economics, finance, statistics, graphic design, personnel or human resources administration, user experience design, or a closely related area of study and one year of satisfactory full-time experience in accounting, auditing (including compliance or investigative auditing), business or public administration, business analysis, computer science, database administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic management or research, statistics, graphic design, personnel or human resources administration, user experience design, or a closely related field; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five-years of experience as described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above.
TO APPLY: Internal City Employees must apply through Employee Self-service (ESS), External Applicants must apply through NYC.gov/careers.
- Please apply to the job ID number listed above.
- Resume and Cover Letter are required for consideration.
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.