MULTIMEDIA CONTENT CREATOR
Office Title: MULTIMEDIA CONTENT CREATOR
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Department: Public Affairs - Marketing & Digital Communications
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: Full-Time
Job ID #: 532751
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
The Public Affairs division promotes the agency’s key role in equipping all candidates and voters to power a fairer and more open democracy in New York City. We engage New Yorkers, inform them about elections, and boost their civic participation in the democratic process.
Within Public Affairs, the Marketing & Digital Communications unit is responsible for the agency’s NYC Votes brand and our direct-to-voter communications, including our websites, mass email and text communications, social media, citywide advertising campaigns, and the Voter Guide posted online and mailed to over 5 million registered voters. Our Content, Design, and Production teams work together to ensure that our materials are accessible and relevant to all New Yorkers—especially underrepresented communities.
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks a Multimedia Content Creator to produce multimedia content, including videos (horizontal and vertical), gifs, and other dynamic assets for NYC Votes’ website, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
This role will create dynamic voter-facing content for the agency’s NYC Votes initiative, designed to reach and engage large and diverse audiences, primarily New York voters and potential voters. The position reports to the Content Strategy Manager and works closely with colleagues throughout the division, including team members in content, design, production, and outreach, as well as external vendors, creators, and partners. The Multimedia Content Creator will play a critical role in helping the agency and the city of New York increase voter participation, with a particular focus on increasing turnout in youth and immigrant communities in upcoming elections.
- Produce multimedia content, including videos (horizontal and vertical), gifs, and other dynamic assets for NYC Votes website, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
- Develop content that advances our goals, mission, and brand, and reflects topics, election dates, and priorities articulated in our editorial calendar.
- Create culturally competent content that speaks to wide-ranging experiences, passions, and concerns related to government, voting, and civic engagement.
- Manage all phases of the production process, including scripting, storyboarding, shooting, and editing.
- Ensure that content embodies the agency’s values of equity and inclusion for all audiences, including the use of subtitles / open captioning, translation, ASL interpretation, alt text, or other modalities to ensure accessibility.
- Collaborate with internal content, design, production, and outreach teams to produce and develop clear, engaging, and timely content that informs and empowers New Yorkers to participate in our democracy.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, creators, and partners to review and develop content that expands our reach and engages new audiences.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3+ years of work experience; experience in marketing/advertising, public relations, media, journalism, politics, government, advocacy, or a related field preferred.
- Portfolio of video assets that demonstrates an ability to create highly digestible short-form video content, including clips of 30 seconds or less (you can include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and use digital communication platforms effectively; current, in-depth knowledge of digital marketing platforms and best practices, particularly on social media, strongly preferred
- Interest in using experience and skills to advance our democracy and effectiveness of local government, particularly with youth; past-experience with organizing or campaigns a plus
- Willingness to occasionally be available outside of regular work hours to support breaking news, election dates, or other time-sensitive needs
- Experience creating content for diverse audiences; experience working with youth and immigrant communities, including facility with language(s) other than English, would be a significant asset.
- High level skills and understanding of digital camera technology from DSLRs/mirrorless to cinema cameras, photography a major plus.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
- Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: MULTIMEDIA CONTENT CREATOR
- You must submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work. You can include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website athttps://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.