Mainframe Systems Programmer
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 548554
Business Title Mainframe Systems Programmer
Civil Service Title IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Job Category Technology, Data & Innovation
Career Level Experienced (non-manager)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/SS TS Mainframe Sys Svcs
# of Positionsv 1
Title Code No 95714
Proposed Salary Range $140,000.00 (Annual)
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a system programmer in the Mainframe System team. The team has responsibility for all elements of the IBM mainframe computer system, program products, subsystems, storage, and attached peripherals. FISA-OPA is looking for a candidate with skills in Z/OS, DB2, and mainframe program products.
Primary Responsibilities include:
FISA-OPA seeks to hire a z/OS systems programmer in the System Services group who has in-depth experience with the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems, and related program products. The preferred candidate must have experience with VTAM and TCP/IP and will be required to support, maintain and install the above products. The candidate will be part of a duty roster to provide production off-hours coverage and support weekend implementations.
- 10+ years of experience working with z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, IOF, JCL, IOCP/HCD, program product installations and basic IBM utilities (IDCAMS, IEFBR14, etc.)
- Experience installing, upgrading, and supporting database systems (IMS and DB2) as a systems programmer
- Experience installing, upgrading, and supporting other systems software including: CICS, IMS/DC,SAS, Syncsort, FileAid, Connect:Direct, etc.,
- Experience in using monitoring tools such as TMON, Mainview, OMEGAMON and ability to troubleshoot systems issues analyzing SMS records
- Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON
- Experience with management of storage software and hardware systems, including: SMS storage groups, SKLM, Virtual Tape Systems, DASD, TMS, and Physical Tape Silos.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to work as part of a group and individually.
- The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
- The ability to keep up with changing technology through research as assigned by management and independent work.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 548554. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
35 Hours Weekly /Day
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 08/30/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.