About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. The Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research, affiliated with the University at Albany's Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, conducts traffic safety research and provides a variety of services to state and national organizations seeking to reduce motor vehicle crashes, fatalities and injuries.
Description of Duties:
- Assist in further development, modification, maintenance and testing of ITSMR's internally created Drug Recognition Expert applications; includes debugging and documenting existing code.
- Provide technical support to end users for more advanced user issues.
- Manage and provide support to ITSMR staff using the Atlassian/JIRA software tool.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of documentation, reports, and manuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with the following software: Source control (Git, SVN), Deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab).
- Experience building mobile applications for any platform (Preferably Cordova)
- Experience with Vue, React, or Angular
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with OpenShift full stack development
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience writing unit tests (e.g., Jest, JUnit)
Salary Range: $65-$75,000 Salary based on experience
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=148199
Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Closing date for receipt of applications: until position is filled