Safe Havens International, Inc. (“Safe Havens”)
Paralegal/Assistant School Safety Account and Project Manager
Safe Havens International, Inc. (“Safe Havens”) is a non-profit K12 school safety center with a reputation that is unmatched in the government and private sectors. Our analysts have assisted clients with school safety, security, climate, culture and emergency preparedness assessments for more than 8,500 K-12 schools in the U.S. and more than two dozen other countries.
In our effort to improve our services and impact, we seek a professional with extensive experience in paralegal work who desires to use their skills in a different, challenging and highly impactful manner. In our experience, a highly competent paralegal will be well-suited for this position due to the similarities in the written and verbal communications, experience meeting inflexible timelines, attention to detail, technical knowledge and the importance and impact of the work paralegals must perform.
Safe Havens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate nor provide advantage to/for applicants based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
This position will be open until we identify and hire the successful candidate.
We write books, guides, articles, blogs, and web courses; present at conferences, workshops, and seminars; provide consulting and provide expert witness services related to school safety, security, and emergency preparedness. Our analysts have provided expert witness services for some of the largest and most complex school safety civil actions in our nation. We have also provided official post-incident assistance for over 300 school crisis situations in four countries, including 23 active assailant and targeted school attacks. We seek a highly detail-oriented, competent, utterly reliable and consummate professional to help further improve our processes, work quality and project management.
While this position is not a true paralegal role, the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a highly competent paralegal will serve our organization well.
If you are a detail-oriented, highly organized, competent, hard-working, and reliable professional with excellent verbal and written communications skills who wants to help make schools safer, this unique position may be a good fit for you.
While this position involves in- person, regular work hours at our middle Georgia home office, there will be opportunities for flextime and, when practical, to work from home, in addition to an excellent salary, robust benefits package, and enjoyable working conditions.
If you wish to help save the lives of children and educators who you will typically never know your name or meet you through hard work, this position may appeal to you.
We will consider work, volunteer, hobbies, and other types of experience that demonstrate skill sets relevant to the services we provide. While we have minimum requirements, we seek an outstanding individual who is a self-starter, who can adapt and succeed in this unique position.
- Starting salary for this position will be $80,000 annually. Unlike many employers, the current salary of candidates is not relevant in our evaluation of applicants and salary offer– skills, knowledge, abilities and the capacity for the candidate to learn new roles and tasks are what is important to us.
- This is a managerial position and is FLSA exempt
- 401K participation is available
- 11 paid holidays annually – Employees can adjust their 11 paid holidays to align with their personal faith/religion/personal preferences for use of paid holidays in combination with annual leave if desired by the employee.
- 12 days of sick leave accrued annually, and the employee can bank up to four years of sick leave if desired.
- 15 days of annual leave and the employee can bank up to two years of annual leave if desired.
- An additional paid day off for employee’s birthday.
- Up to three days of bereavement leave annually
- Though we are not required to do so, we provide up to two weeks of paid family leave under FMLA criteria.
- Flex time when the workload permits
- Ability to work from home at times – this will vary due to types and size of projects and tasking
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical and dental insurance available
- Paid training relevant to our mission
We ask that candidates not call our office as our leadership team is heavily engaged in a series of major projects with tight deadlines. We can respond to short questions via e-mail if needed but our response may be delayed due to our current workload.