Educational Program Assistant 2
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 2 in the CLAS Dean’s Office. This position will provide programmatic and administrative support to the College and more specifically to the College’s Associate Deans. The incumbent is expected to work independently under supervision and within the defined guidelines established by the programs and the supervisor. This position is part of a College-wide effort to build stability and support for CLAS support staff and is key to supporting the College's mission for administrative success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a resource to overall CLAS operation, with a primary focus on supporting the CLAS Associate Deans and collaborating with members of the Dean’s office administrative team to effectively support the goals and activities of the College.
- Performs office management duties in processing administrative, academic, financial, and payroll functions.
- Compiles and maintains resource materials, program information, guidelines and policies, and other key documents.
- Provides direct training in the onboarding of College administrative staff and offers related support services.
- Processes college cluster hires from managing search to hiring paperwork.
- Oversees the College sabbatical requests, modifications, letters, and eligibility.
- Manages special events and organizations for the Associate Deans.
- Processes travel, reimbursements, and other related fiscal and administrative documents.
- Assists with all aspects of purchasing including Procard, reallocation and reconciliation, vendor setup, requisitions/purchase orders, invoices, and related items, for all departmental operations.
- Coordinates and tracks payroll processes, drafts offer letters, and ensures completion and submission of onboarding paperwork.
- Assists with the planning, event advertising, and management of invited speakers and guests for CLAS events, including commencement.
- Manages CLAS committees, including related communications, scheduling, and administrative support.
- Provides general office support including answering phones, responding to inquiries, greeting and directing visitors, directing calls, and related tasks.
- Collaborates on the designs, scheduling, and production of informational and promotional materials including brochures, posters, advertising flyers, and newspaper advertisements.
- Performs other related work and projects as required with the purpose of general office support to the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage time in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to adaptively work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497337 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 31, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.