Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
Innovation allows an organization to make the most of every dollar spent. At Virginia’s Community Colleges System (VCCS), our compelling mission, our ambitious strategic plan and our fiscal realities challenge us to ensure that community college resources are maximized for the priority of student success and credential completion.
Nestled between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, the VCCS Shared Services Center is centrally located to all 23 colleges in the VCCS, 43 miles from Blacksburg, VA, and a four hour drive from Washington, D.C. A vital part of the ever-growing Roanoke Valley, Daleville is a haven for tourists and residents alike. Within an hour’s drive are the breathtaking Smith Mountain Lake, world-famous Appalachian Trail, and many other outdoor activities, including golfing, biking, and hiking. The thriving Historic City Market in downtown Roanoke and the Daleville Town Center and Performance Pavilion also host farmers markets, community and cultural events, and festivals throughout the year.
The VCCS Shared Services Center is an innovation strategy to advance the priority of student success, reduce the administrative burden on individual colleges, consolidate transaction-based functions, create economies of scale and improve backroom process efficiency. This work allows the VCCS to better focus resources on the students – helping them start their educational journeys, persist, and succeed.
- Review invoices, perform in-take procedures, perform 3-way match, route invoices to workflow queues
- Process invoices timely and accurately
- Research inquiries from suppliers and coordinate with the Customer Engagement team
- Pay invoices with department issued credit card
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement
- Work with suppliers to eliminate paper invoices
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and automated accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
- Ability to use Excel
- Attention to details
- Fast, accurate data entry
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- High school graduate with post-secondary education in business/finance courses or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with business, finance, or accounting processes
- Experience with automated accounting software
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from an accredited institution; or equivalent education and experience in financial service functions
- Accounts payable work experience
- Experience working in higher education and/or state government
- Experience working with Oracle Administrative Information Systems (AIS) and the Commonwealth Accounting System – (Cardinal)
To view the full job posting and apply, go to: https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56270
Virginia’s Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.